I just got back from spending yet another glorious morning in the local Urgent Care facility. Today I had the pleasure of being hooked to IVs for a few hours as I can't hold anything down (or in for that matter) and have been unable to do so since last evening around 9:00pm.
The good doctor took me off the steroids and the antibiotic I was on for the pneumonia, determining that I have a high white blood cell count and a bad viral infection in my gastrointestinal system. Apparently the antibiotic I was on is well-known for making people have this problem, and the steroids weaken your immune system limiting your ability to fight off said infection.
Good times.
I am now going to have to miss the first day (at least) of a three-day staff meeting/orientation at my new school, (always a nice way to start off the year, and a great impression to make on others.)
Bryan leaves to fly to LA for the week in less than an hour, so I will be a single parent once again, baby in one arm, bucket in the other. Since he stayed and worked from home last week, he can't afford to stay this week. In case you're counting, this is the third week in a row that they have demanded he fly to LA. Third unscheduled week. Yeah. And what do they do there? Why they call all their clients up here. Don't get me started, it's just so absolutely ridiculous.
Lucky for me, I have daycare during the day, which I am paying for so that I can go to work. Apparently this week, I'm paying for it so I can be sick and not puke on my kid for at least a few hours of the day. Thank goodness for kind-hearted neighbors who have offered to be her ride to and from so I don't have to try to drive her this afternoon and tomorrow while I'm still retching in the bathroom.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
Steph! That sounds miserable. Hope you have a really quick recovery and can get to school soon.
Post a Comment