Friday, August 08, 2008

It's been a while....


So enjoy this picture...

Here's what we've been up to:

My ankle, which we thought was only sprained (after all the jumping with joy), is in fact fractured. I have been walking around in a boot with no crutches or cane, driving to and from Wenatchee and generally going on as if nothing is the matter, other than the large, cumbersome boot and the shooting, stabbing pain that would shoot up my foot. I assumed said shooting would eventually subside, since I am after all, not unaccustomed to pain.

Turns out, I have a hairline fracture of the medial malleolus and all the walking in the boot, without the crutches or cane has been causing more damage. Silly me.

Of course, I can't use crutches, what with the bad arm, so now I have a cane. A super duper, snazzy green (you know, for the environment) cane with a spongy rubber handle. It's really sexy, too.

In other news, Mamaw has been visiting all week. For those of you playing the home game, Mamaw is Bryan's grandmother, his father's mother, she lives in Florida. Meemaw is my grandmother, my father's mother, she lives in Arkansas.
Mamaw, pronounced maaa-mawww, is widowed.
Meemaw, pronounced meee-mawww, is also widowed, but recently married her former brother in-law at the local court house without telling anyone until it was done and is (I am told) as giddy as a school girl.

Both are charming, lovely Southern ladies, I can see why you are confused.

Pictures to be posted of the visit soon. She will depart tomorrow morning and then Bryan departs for LA on Sunday. I cannot tell you how happy I am about that development.

I have meetings next week for school, not to mention physical therapy and doctor's appointments. Evie will get to try out day care a little earlier than planned. It's a good thing we were already paying.

No comments: