In case you didn't know, Evie likes the phone, nay, LOVES the phone. Her favorite activity is to walk around the house with her "cell" phone on her shoulder, and "talk." If we are on the phone, she cries reaching for it. We don't give the phone to her, and thus nine times out of ten, my phone conversation is interrupted by me apologizing to the party on the other side, while whisking the screaming tot to her pack n' play or her room while she screams and flails in protest at my obviously evil parenting methods by denying her access to the telephone.
Today, her "cell" phone went missing. When I say her cell phone, I mean an actual cell phone that once belonged to my mother. We had it sitting in a drawer for an unknown reason, and when Evie started taking interest in EVERY. SINGLE. THING. we were using, I pulled that old phone from the drawer, removed the SIM card and battery and gave it to her. She has been absolutely thrilled ever since.
But, as I said, her phone went missing today. I suspect it is in the couch or in the toy box. But I have yet to go digging.
Apparently, she had some calls to make, and no time to wait for me to look around. She reached for the real cordless phone on the table, we told her no. She reached for the TV remote, we told her no.
And thus, she compromised. She pulled the ribbon barrette from her hair and setting it to her ear, began a conversation. She is now pacing through the house in a circle, around the stairs, talking. I'm not sure who the conversation is with, but it is VERY serious, and at times, very heated. There has even been some pointing and gesturing.
The hair barrette phone has never left her ear.
Whatever works, I suppose.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment