Yesterday I discovered I have pneumonia, or P-newmoan-ya, as I like to call it, just to annoy the spouse.
Yesterday was the first day of the third week of my fighting a "mild cold;" however over the weekend things had taken a turn. Suddenly I was hacking and wheezing and my chest felt like it was full of stuff.
So I went to the Urgent Care, they took an X-ray, and yes, the place where my chest hurts, where I said I thought there may be a pocket of fluid? It's full of stuff. So they put me on antibiotics and told me to use my asthma inhalers three times a day and stay in bed as much as humanly possible.
And so I came home and got in bed. I'm lounging as we speak.
But yesterday was a picnic compared to today. There is a war raging today, and I am just an innocent bystander as the medications and the infection battle it out to the death.
This is my fourth time having pneumonia, I had it once when I was 12, once in college, once a month before Bryan and I were married and now, the week I have to go to orientation meetings for my first year teaching in my own classroom.
There is nothing quite like the feeling of having one whole side of your chest full of goop; all you want to do is stick in a straw to help the air flow.
I continue to convalesce and hope that the meds will start to win soon, and I will be able to have enough OTC meds to get me through the meetings tomorrow and Thursday, before coming home and crawling back in bed.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment