Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'

Last night was fun. Evie screamed every time we put her to bed. We let her go for a while, but after 25-30 minutes, we'd go get her, only to be greeted with smiles once we'd pick her up. We'd hold her for a while, rock her, make sure there was no diaper issue, and then put her back in bed, only to once again hear blood-curdling, I'm-being-strangled-in-my-crib screams. She would not relent.
It was after 1am before we finally got her down.
She was back up at 6:30 this morning, and although I changed her, fed her and put her back to bed, she has yet to go back to sleep. She just crawled around in her crib gooing and talking and then yelling.
We finally got up. She's now crawling across the living room floor, beating on her "leap frog" piano, which is currently singing a song about cows, throwing in a few moos for good measure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Brenna (who is 7 months old) must have been talking with Evie, because we had the exact same issues last night at our house. Yeah!--Tali