This evening I took my jar full of change down to the coin star machine to cash it in. I've been wanting to purchase some children's music for Evie, but we're on a spending freeze. However, change sitting in a jar doesn't count, I decided. Especially since it was my change that I've been saving, in my jar, on my dresser, I could do with it what I wanted.
When I got to the coin star machine, I learned that not only could I cash in my jar o' change, I could do so at no charge if I converted it to a gift card, instead of into cash. Woo hoo! As my intention was to use the money to purchase a children's CD, I selected iTunes credit, and pushed "count." The big green machine whirred to life and started devouring my coin into it's belly. As it counted, my excitement grew. I thought I had around $20, but the number got bigger and bigger. After a few minutes, it told me: $63.25! I couldn't believe it!
"Would you still like to use this for iTunes?" it asked. I was torn. I could instead get credit at Eddie Bauer, or Borders. Amazon.com or JC Penny were also options. I need some new clothes, I could get myself something to wear, I thought. What to do, what to doooo?
But I remained firm. I was here to get money to buy a children's CD for Evie, and so iTunes it was. I didn't have to buy $60 of music for her, after all. It's not like she really has a clue what it is.
And so, we came home and I bought her some music. Lots of music. The kid now has three Raffi albums. Oh, how I love Raffi. I played him for Bryan tonight, who kept referring to him as "Ralphie." The poor lad.
Raffi is wonderful and soothing, and talented. And tolerable for parents ears, unlike a lot of the kids music out there.
Oh, and for Bryan and I, a folk album and a 90s #1 rock hits compilation, so that we could feel nostalgic for our college days.
A night well spent. And it's like it was free.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
2 comments:
I LOVE Raffi! I went to a Raffi concert in kindergarten! What's with our hubbies not knowing Raffi!? Evie is so adorable! Fun, challenging stage she's entering! I read your blog often and feel like we've kept in touch when really, we haven't! So "hi"! It's cool to hear how you all are doing!
-Cori
Hi friend!
Post a Comment