Bryan got home this afternoon, walked in the door looked at me and said, "Ummm, honey? You're nose is crooked." I had looked in the mirror and thought it looked a little puffy, and perhaps was slightly askew, but thought I was probably just imagining things, and didn't want to be one to over dramatize the situation. I mean, yes, it hurts. But it's not like I have black eyes or anything. You can't really tell, until you really look closely, or apparently, you look at my face every day.
He is insisting I go to the doctor to get it checked out. In fact, he wanted to go the moment he walked in the door, certain the pressure was causing brain damage. I was certain I had survived the day with little negative effect and many a prize fighter have suffered far more serious afflictions.
I am currently watching my neighbor's kids. One is doing homework, the other is reading Dr. Seuss. When they are collected by their mother, we may or may not go down to the local Urgent Care that is open until 10pm. Although I am sure all they will do is tell me to take some ibuprofen and watch out for dive bombing babies.
***UPDATE***
We went to the doctor. My nose is too swollen to do anything at this point. And really, there's not much they can do, anyway. The crookedness is most likely caused by the swelling, and we need to wait for the swelling to diminish to re-evaluate. If it is still crooked after the swelling, then they will go in and re-adjust. They don't want to move it now, and then have the swelling go down and have it pointed the other way. I concur. So now we wait. I am told to anticipate a kaleidescope of colors on my face.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment