Evie has been fighting me on the nap thing all morning; she's been up since 6:30; it is now 11:00am. I put her down for her nap 45 minutes ago. Remember, I am injured from my Humpty Dumpty-style tumble down the stairs; I'm in no mood for no-nap shenanigans today.
But now, I hear no more crying and protesting from the upper levels, she has finally acquiesced. And I feel a small, devilish sensation to run upstairs, stand next to her crib, put my hands on my hips and say "nah nah na nah nah, you fell ah-sleeep!!!" right in her face.
But then she'd wake up, and I'd be an idiot.
So I sit here, quietly.
But you have to know, I totally sang that in my head, and then I laughed to myself.
There is something very, very wrong with me.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment