My Jeep has had an unidentified odor for over a week now, and this annoys me to no end.
Let me preface this by telling you that I am obsessive about my Jeep, and the contents within. I do not keep a litter bag in my car, which annoys many who ride in it. I do not have a litter bag because I do not want trash in my car, at all. As such, if you open something (food, candy, gum) while riding in my car, you take the trash out at the first opportunity.
(I grew up in a home where my father's car was so filthy that when you opened the door, a pile of trash would fall to the ground. This may have something to do with my now obsessive state.)
When I come home, I always put any refuse in the can next to the garage before I get Evie out of her car seat. As I walk in the house, all bottles, bags etc. are brought in immediately. The only items left in the car are the obvious, (the car seat, the car-seat blanket, the car-seat toy, the stroller, and a back-up bag of diapers, wipes etc.)
As such, I cannot for the life of me figure out where this disgusting odor has originated or why it has continued to plague me. Evie has never had a blow-out in the car, we've never spilled a bottle. She doesn't eat finger foods yet, so I know she didn't smash up some fruit in her car seat.
I even had Jill smell it today after our walk, she confirmed it is a "weird spoiled milk rotten kind of smell, but with a hint of vanilla."
I have gone through my entire car from top to bottom. Bryan has done the same. We have aired it out. We have looked under the seats, in the pockets, behind the cushions, we can find nothing. I did have a couple cloth diapers in a pocket that were there for emergency spit-up incidents, but they were clean. I took them out anyway and washed them for good measure.
We've rinsed off the rubber floor mats (easier to keep clean) and sprayed Oust in the car to trap and get rid of odors. I'm not sure what else to do.
All I know is that my car smells, and it is gross and it is making me crazy.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
Have you washed the car seat cover? If Evie has spit up in it, it could be the culprit. Nothing like vomit-seat to make your car reek.
(Sadly, I know this from experience.)
Post a Comment