*It was after lunch, the final block of the day. I was teaching Washington state history; we were making state maps. I was assisting a student in finding the Cowlitz river in her book, when she looked up, looked at my shirt, and then very quietly, and very seriously she asked, "Mrs. Scott...what happened-um-there?"
"Where?"
"There," pointing at my chest.
I looked down, pulled my pastel pink blouse away from myself and saw at what my timid student was pointing.
Apparently the blue dry-erase marker I had been carrying around in my hand had no cap; I had in fact been unwittingly drawing all over my left boob for well, the better part of an hour.
Not only that, but before I had the blue marker, I had a red one. It seems I had colored on myself with it as well.
Nice.
*Question: How do you put an ice pack on the head of a wiggly, head-strong 14-month old child?
*Answer: You do not.
Instead, you try to put the ice pack on the growing bump caused by the face-plant into the wall, but instead the child takes the ice pack and sticks it in her mouth. After trying for a minute or so, you decide the child is no longer crying and will most likely live. You trade them the ice pack for a frozen teething ring.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
3 comments:
At least it sounds like the girl who told you is nice... so sorry you had that experience, though. May want to take that blouse to the dry cleaner, as dry erase marker can be really difficult to get out of clothing.
And watch out for the chalk tray that holds the markers... I had an unfortunate habit of leaning up against it and occasionally would come away with a line of marker dust all across my bum.
Speaking of face plants, my son took a dive off his bike (thank God he was wearing a helmet) and got a patch of road rash on his forehead. I tried to ice it and he screamed instead.
It happened on his birthday, which was Tuesday, of all days!
Sounds like your day was just as *wonderful*... ;)
I came in on a link from my blog (blogher ad) and laughed at this. I could so see myself doing something like that. I also live in the Pacific NW in Vancouver, WA. I've lived here my whole life, love it here, and wouldn't live anywhere else. :)
Post a Comment