We waste water every morning, I admit it. The reason is that our hot water heater is in our garage and our shower is on the opposite side of the house on the second level. As such, when preparing to take a shower, in order to avoid frigid temperatures, one must let the water run a minute or two. I don't like it, but have yet to find a solution, so we make do, and try our best to do other things in our lives to conserve.
This morning, as I was getting ready for church, I turned on the shower as I do every morning, closed the shower door, and walked across the hall, as Bryan had requested help dressing Evie, who was still in her jammies. I quickly selected an outfit, and as I turned to go back to the shower, she took off running in front of me with the outfit in her hands.
She often runs between our two rooms, so this was no cause for alarm, however today, she apparently had ulterior motives. As I reached my bedroom door, I heard the shower door open and quickly slam shut.
This WAS cause for alarm as before today, she could not open the shower door.
I ran in to find a fully dressed Evie (still in pajamas) sitting under the shower head, soaked, with a confused look on her face. The selected church outfit was also soaked, sitting on the shower floor beside her.
I quickly pulled the soggy child and clothing from the shower, and handed her off to her father, who was standing behind me, laughing, towel in hand.
I'm sorry I have no photo, as I was ready to enter the shower myself, it was a camera-free zone. However, the image, and the moment will continue to make us laugh.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment