Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day two...the dog continues to punish me

Bryan is still in Los Angeles on his horrid last minute, week-before Christmas business trip. His wonderful dog woke me again this morning at 5am. This time he at least had the courtesy to nose me frantically and whimper, so that I again had to run groggily down the stairs, turn off the alarm and let him out before he had an accident. He didn't need to yak, this time he needed to do something a little south of the border. I am thankful he went outdoors.
He seemed fine the rest of the day. Ate his breakfast without delay, and ran around outside very happily.
After her midday nap, Evie and I left to do some final Christmas shopping and to pick up the girls after school. After a rather uneventful evening with the kids, I put Evie to bed at 7:30 and went into my room to change into my jammies for a night of brainless TV watching. I turned on my light to find a pool of dog yak waiting for me; it had obviously been there for a while, but was not there this morning when I went in my room to get my shoes. It was right in the middle of the floor, in front of my dresser.

My room now smells of carpet cleaner fumes, and I've currently got a tent city of paper towels over the wet stained areas, so to remind myself not to step on them. I've already stepped in the solution and soaked my socks a few times. It is taking more than a few rounds of Resolve to get the nasty dog puke stain out of my white bedroom carpet...(whoever put white carpet in this house obviously did not anticipate any humans or animals of any kind every taking residence in this house.)
Although it's quite chilly outside, I've got the window wide open and the fan blowing to help with the carpet cleaner smell.

For a dog who has never had an accident in the house, (since he was a puppy) this most recent turn of events is most annoying.
Especially when it is obvious that he didn't even try to come downstairs to go out, he just did it in my room, in front of my dresser.
I can't decide if he is really sick, or if he is just eating something in the yard, and then puking (every time, in the same spot) to somehow punish me for bringing the baby into the house and sending his man away.
If he is still sick tomorrow, I will call the vet. Although I am telling you, it's not like he's laying around as though he feels bad. He seems fine, until 5am when all of a sudden, he has an emergency situation.
I would like to point out that it was exactly two years ago, (a week before Christmas) that Bryan brought this dog home from California, and then left again to go back, leaving him in my care. The dog came complete with dysentery and giardia and was deathly ill the entire time Bryan was gone. Come to think of it, I had whooping cough then....
Interesting...

No comments: