So I've already failed miserably. I'm an official member of nablpomo...aka national blog posting month. I'm supposed to blog every day for the month of november, but due to our trip to Spokane, I forgot to blog for several days.
I finally posted about our trip on Monday. And then yesterday, all I wrote was "don't forget to vote!"
wow...I need more material.
How about teething? Is that interesting to you people?
Evie is teething, and this morning was agony. Not like children starving in Africa agony, mind you. Just, my 4 month old won't stop screaming in pain, and there is nothing I can do to get her to settle down, agony. I rocked her. I walked her. She screamed and squirmed. I gave her a frozen teething ring. She flung it across the room. I have her a wet washcloth to suck on...she smacked it against my face and then flung it across the room. I laid her in her bed, she screamed violently until she was gasping for breath. I held her some more. She squirmed and smacked me in the face. I gave her Tylenol...she ate half and spit out the other half, resulting in bright pink stains all over the front of her clothes.
After 4 hours of crying, kvetching, arching and hitting, (Evie hitting me in the face, not the other way around) I finally got her down for a nap, I subsequently crashed myself. Slept so hard, I woke up with Portia laying next to me, her head on my lap...something that I would never allow if I were awake.
Of course, the napping only lasted an hour, and then back awake she was. She's been a little better this afternoon, but still, not a good time had by all.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
Hylands Teething Tabs work GREAT for Maddox. They're supposedly all natural. You can get them at Fred Meyer or Walgreens, about $6. I give him those during the day so I can save the Tylenol for bedtime when it's really bad. The tabs disolve very fast. When Maddox was really little I'd get the tip of my finger wet to half disolve the tab before I'd put it in his mouth. Maybe that will offer up a little relief.
Post a Comment