Bryan had his wisdom teeth yanked from his skull this morning. It's something he's been needing to do now for oh, about 3 years. The time finally came when he was in agony all the time, and so I called the doctor myself to arrange an appointment for him. He's currently asleep in bed, mouth full of gauze. I just gave him his next pain pill and did a gauze change. He seems to be doing okay, and right now doesn't seem to be too swollen. He is bleeding far more than we anticipated, but the doc. said that could go on for the first 6 hours, and it's only been 4.5, so we'll see what he's like later tonight.
In other news, while he was at the oral surgeon, Evie and I bopped over the grocery store next door to pick up some foods that don't require chewing, (pudding, yogurt, jello, etc.) I didn't want to fuss with the stroller, and Evie was being a little cranky, so I tried something new- I put her in the cart, and strapped her in with the little seatbelt.
She sat there, triumphantly, and looked at me with such pride and delight, I couldn't help but be proud for her. She looked at me as if to say, "wow, mom, why haven't we done this before?!"
As we walked the aisles, Evie sat there, presiding over all that was her kingdom, smiling at all those looking on in amazement, and asking "how old is your baby?!? I would reply, "almost 5 months." To which they would then say, "5 Months!?!? Isn't she too small to be sitting up?"
It was all I could do to not take my shoe off and smack them with it. I really wanted to turn and look at Evie and say, "You hear that kid? It seems you're too small to be sitting up, so we're gonna have to take you out of there and try again when you're older, okay?" Some people.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
2 comments:
Here's hoping that Bryan recuperates quickly. Could his other meds be causing the excessive bleeding? Just a thought.
I'm so proud she was sitting up in the cart all by herself!
Jonna
Post a Comment