Sunday, May 18, 2008

In her own time.

I'm in Spokane now; home of my youth, place of my birth, bane of my existence. I hate Spokane.

But I am here because my Sister is here. My poor, pregnant sister. Her baby is reluctant to be born, in fact she is refusing to be born--she is days overdue.

And thus she is being evicted in the morning (Monday.) They are going in at 6:45am for the induction.

And so we are here, waiting.

We've been waiting in Wenatchee since Tuesday, when my sister went in to the hospital with full contractions. But they stopped, we were in Wenatchee picking up Nancy when they stopped and she was sent back home, so we stayed there for the week.

My poor pregnant sister. So pregnant. So hot.

She looks adorable, though. I would type vulgarities here, call her rude names as she looks so cute in her six days of overdue pregnantness, but I will resist. Because she is miserable. And she has had a crappy day. My nephew twisted his ankle in the wading pool today and had to go to the minor emergency clinic. He is now in a cast and not allowed to walk, until we hear back from the radiologist tomorrow.

He is two and a half; he is not interested in sitting around. But his foot hurts, and it's in a little cast, and every time he tries to touch it to the floor, he cries and whimpers in pain, the poor, sweet little guy.

Yeah, it's been a fun time for my sister and brother in-law.

So tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this) we will be taking shifts between the hospital and playing with Evie at (family friend's) Jason and Carolyn's house, (we being Nancy and I.) Evie will not be joining us at the hospital, because Evie is not the kind of gal who will enjoy hanging out in a labor and delivery waiting room all day. And I'm not the kind of gal who thinks chasing a walking, almost 11 month-old in a waiting room sounds like a fun idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot to handle all at once! Hope the labor for your sister went well today. :)