It seems the Bumbo seat has been officially recalled, so that they can put a new warning label on the back. ("http://www.bumbosafety.com/">).
The seat already has a warning in big, red letters. It reads: "warning, never use on a raised surface, never use as a car seat or bath seat. Designed for floor level use only. Never leave your baby unattended, as the seat is not designed to be totally restrictive and may not prevent release of your baby in the event of vigorous movement."
Apparently, this was not sufficient enough for the American public, and as we seem to lack any and all common sense, a new, bigger, badder warning is now necessary.
It seems people keep putting their kids in the Bumbo up on the counter, and the kids keep falling out and cracking their heads. This is apparently the Bumbo's fault, and thus it has been deemed far to dangerous.
Is there ever going to be a point at which we stop blaming the products, and start demanding a little common sense from the American public? I mean, honestly, we have crossed the line from concerned to just plain insane.
I, for one, will continue to allow Evie to sit in her Bumbo, (under my strict supervision, and not on the counter) and will encourage my friends to do the same. And after that, I will drink coffee while it's hot, drink water from a plastic water bottle, and even eat cookie dough ice cream, if the occasion calls for it. 'Cause, you know, I'm a rebel like that.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
I hear you, sister! Time for people to stop blaming others for their incompetency and take some personal responsibility. I was even known to lie to our pediatrician when he asked me if I ever drank hot coffee around the boys... um, hello. I have twins, and at that point they were mere months old. OF COURSE I'm drinking hot coffee!
Am I just dense, or is there something I'm supposed to know that's bad about eating cookie dough ice cream?
Post a Comment