Sunday, December 07, 2008

NOOOOOO!!!

Every night when we put Evie to bed, we are the recipients of a short vocal performance as she sings herself to sleep.

It's quite cute, really, listening to the small toddler voice wafting through the baby monitor.

Usually the song list includes the regular preschool tracks; the "Isty bitsy spider, "Baa baa black sheep," and of course, the ABC song. However, to our horror, a new tune came rolling down the stairs tonight.

While I was on the couch, checking my email, listening to the evening serenade, a cold shudder ran up my spine. My daughter was singing a new song, and suddenly the angelic sound of toddler music was ruptured by the hideous melody of a purple beast, whose existence I swore would never be known in my home.

"I lub yu, yu lub me..."


"I lub you, yu lub me,"

Over and over again, the opening phrase from that cursed theme song was repeated, while I glared at my husband and cursed our daycare for introducing Satan to our child.

A strict detox program will commence tomorrow.

1 comment:

zachori said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! We managed to keep him out of our house until our 3rd kid! Now I don't even care! If Barney can keep the peace, I'm all good with it! Shows how incredibly despirate and frazzled I am! (I understand your pain though!)