Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Home again



Evie and I made it home Monday night, after being delayed by severe winter storms and pass closures. I experienced some of the most terrifying winter driving of my life over the weekend, driving in blizzards and on solid ice. At one point, there was an accident on the side or in the middle of the highway, every 100 yards. I simply aimed my car down the middle and prayed for guidance.

We ended up stopping in Wenatchee on Saturday night after being on I-90 for nearly 5 hours and only making it to Moses Lake, I decided to throw in the towel and cry uncle. We ended up staying there for two days while waiting for the passes to clear enough to get over.

Thankfully, we made it home in one piece. I have a tweaked back and shoulders from keeping the car on the road (and from stress, I imagine.)

I had to have a sub on Monday, who proved to be a rather cranky and inept individual, but it only made my kids more thankful for me.

No comments: