Evie has been ill...very ill. And because she's a Scott, being ill means a taking it to the next level, for example, a fever of 104.5 and rising. We've been in and out of the doctor's office, blood has been drawn, specimens taken, cultures grown.
We've spent the last 12 hours on the phone with our Pediatrician and on-call doctors.
At first, the fear was a serious infection in her kidneys, but that was finally dis-proven, thank God!
Her white blood counts were very elevated, so they knew an infection was somewhere, but they could not figure out where. Her ears were clean, her lungs fine.
Finally they were able to grow a urine culture and the results came back this afternoon, they discovered E-Coli in her urine.
She has a bladder infection, a REALLY BAD bladder infection. The kind that makes usually stoic, grown women cry.
She is now on a second antibiotic, one usually reserved for adults. The pharmacist was so taken back by the prescription he did a double-take and checked with the Pediatrician. Twice.
Her fever is now down to 102, and hopefully we've turned a corner.
She hasn't slept for more than two hours straight in the last 72, which in turn means we haven't slept in the past 72 hours. She has been miserable and most of the time inconsolable; as it turns out, for good reason.
It is times like this that I think "okay, when are the grown-ups going to come home to take over?"
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
4 comments:
Oh, that makes me hurt with her! I completely understand her discomfort and will be praying for you all.
I'm sorry to hear she is sick. I'm sending kind thoughts and good wishes for a quick recovery!
Poor baby. I'm so sad for you all. Praying as well.
this sounds alot like what you had as a young child and mom to.
sara
Post a Comment