Today Evie and I left to meet my friend Melissa at TJ Max for a little mid-afternoon shopping extravaganza. I fed her prior to departure, and very diligently burped her in an attempt to ensure no catastrophes during our trip. We arrived in Tacoma unscathed, and met Melissa in the parking lot. I proceeded to put on my new Japanese style baby carrier, aka “babyhawk,” which requires the wrapping of long cloth straps around one's body and tying them off. I extracted Evie from her carseat, patted her on the back, slid her into the babyhawk, tied it all up nice and snug-like and turned to start walking. I did not make it a single step before she looked up to me, opened her mouth, and started puking. Well, projecting, rather. Curdled milk all over me and all over the baby carrier. So, I turned around, opened the car back up, took Evie out of the baby carrier and surveyed the damage. Only one sleeve of her t-shirt got hit; I wiped her down with a baby wipe and called it good.
While Melissa unloaded the stroller and grabbed Evie for me, I began to assess the damage on my own person. My entire shirt was covered, as well as the front of my pants. I did the best I could to clean up with some babywipes, but the shirt was a complete loss, at least for public interaction. It was then that I was thankful to be so anal and have an already packed emergency box in the trunk, complete with a clean t-shirt for me. All modesty previously lost, I just sat in the back of my Jeep and swapped shirts. I’m not sure if anyone saw, but if they did, I could really care less. It was Tacoma... so I almost fit right in. My windows are tinted in the back, anyway. People have often mocked me for my type-A, always be prepared attitude, but today it paid off.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
Hooray for you on two counts: 1) getting out with Evie and 2) being prepared with a change for yourself. Keep that bucket in your car and you'll be a happy momma.
Post a Comment