
**UPDATE** We're on our way! I'm scheduled to be hooked up at 10am. Pray for me...I'm a little sceeared.***
We went to the doctor today- I'm scheduled for induction tomorrow (Saturday.) We have to call at 6am to make certain they still have "room in the inn," but the plan is that I'll be hooked up at 7am to the Pitocin machine. There is a chance that they'll have a run on the hospital by pregnant women tonight, and I'll have to be rescheduled, so we'll just have to wait and see, but we're trying to stay positive.
Why am I being induced, you ask? (as if you don't already know it's well beyond time) When they took my blood pressure today, it was 190/110. My heart rate was 125. My feet and legs are purple all the time, and you can make handprints on my shins, kind of like a hypercolor t-shirt. I'm still really nauseous, and even though I'm getting an IV bag/day and drain my nalgene bottle full of water several times a day, I'm still a little dehydrated. How anyone can be dehydrated and retain water at the same time is beyond me, but there you go. I'm still only 75% effaced and dillated at 1cm...I'm still having strong consistent contractions, but they aren't making anything progress.
The final push for the induction was the fact that I begged the doctor and offered to bring him chocolate chip cookies if he'd deliver the baby this weekend (he is already on-call.) His response was, "to ease ALL OUR SUFFERING," let's go ahead and deliver. I don't know what suffering he needs to be eased, I'm certain I've been a fabulous patient. :-)
Her technical due-date is Monday (if you go by the first day of my last period,) but if you go by the ultrasound, as well as when she was really...um..."made," she was due last Monday. Either way, she's full term, and I'm serving her eviction papers tonight- Bryan already drew them up.
My aunt Jonna has agreed to take over the blog for me this weekend, once we go in. She'll update it as information becomes available. So check back in to see if we have our baby girl...hopefully by this time next week, we'll be home eating her little fingers and toes.
4 comments:
Yeah!!!! Good luck and we'll be praying for you and that sweet baby girl! Can't wait to see the updates and pictures! Lots of pictures, please!!!
congrats and good luck!!!
Steph!! Can't wait for the good news. Definitely praying for you... and checking your blog obsessively :)
love you!
Praying for you and checking back often for updates.
Love, Luke, Holly, Carsten and Ian
Post a Comment