Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Texas

Evie is taking her Daddy to homecoming this weekend...in Texas.

I will not be joining them as teachers aren't allowed to take vacations in the middle of the school week. Apparently we "get enough" vacation in the summer. Whatever.

Evie will be flying first class, because her father cashed in some airline miles, and more importantly, she's his little girl.

When he took me on our honeymoon, I rode in steerage next to the bathroom, and I had to hold the door closed with my foot as it kept slamming me in the elbow, but whatever. First Class for the two-year old? Makes perfect sense.

So what will I be doing while my husband is in Texas attending his college reunion/homecoming with our daughter?

I will be peeing alone.

I will be sleeping in the middle of the bed.

I will be eating anything I want, anytime of the day without somebody saying "I wann dat!"

I will be watching television at a reasonable level, or perhaps really loud, just because I can.

I will NOT be watching any programming that is offered by the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon or Public Broadcasting Network.

I will grade papers and not have any of them knocked off the couch, table or chair. Furthermore, nobody will steal my pens and try to draw on said papers, or the furniture.

I will go to the grocery store alone.

I will vacuum and nobody will scream and cry, declaring they are "sceeared."

I will do any and everything I can to distract myself from the fact that my baby and husband are thousands and thousands of miles away from me...in Texas.

No comments: