Evie has morphed from a bright-eyed two year-old into a full fledged talking child, speaking in full, complete 7-8 word sentences in the last week. It's terrifying and exciting all at once.
Here are some of the phrases she has spoken, things she has done in the last week:
1.) After arriving home from a few days in Wenatchee, she was very excited to see "her Porshie and Puckie" however, as soon as she saw them, she immediately became the queen of the room and began handing out directives and toys."
"Porshie, sit here, Puckie, go way, NOW!" Porshie, hewr, I hab a bawl for you; No Puckie, you no take id! You can no hab it! Go away, dat's bad!"
This went on for about 20 minutes, giving toys to Portia, denying privelages to Puck. When I tried to explain to her that she should share with both doggies, she said "No mommy, Puckie take da ball!" Which, in fact, is pretty true, he does always take the ball. So I guess she was handing out some swift toddler justice.
2. Wanting something off her toy shelf:
Evie: "Mamma, I wan dat!"
Me: "Well then, get it"
Evie: "But I can't weach it!"
I grab her bench and push it next to the shelf so she can reach...
Evie: "Ok, I get it! Is better!"
3. Watching Mary Poppins (the scene where she sings the kids to sleep)
"Ohh, Mommy, I dun want to go to bed!"
Me: "That's ok, you don't have to go to bed"
Evie: "She say go sweep, I dun want to go to sweep!"
4. Some famous Evie phrases:
"Oh nooooo, wha happend?
"Dadddy, where arrrre, you?"
"Oh no, where is it? Where did it go?"
"Das funny!"
"Hey Porshie, Cmere!"
And my all-time favorite:
"I need a mommy Hug."
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment