Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why "Weekend Update" makes me laugh.

Last night before the regular live broadcast of SNL, they aired two episodes of SNL's "Weekend Update, Thursday edition," which I had missed previously. They were discussing the third debate in an installment called "We liked it..." Amy Poehler's dry wit made me almost spray my beverage out my nose:

POEHLER - "I liked how they talked about education because I think teachers are underpaid. But you know who's not underpaid? Plumbers. Plumbers are doing just fine. They are recession-proof. You might not buy a new car when the economy is down, but if your toilet's backed up, you're calling a plumber. America will put up with a lot of things but we will not settle for being ankle-deep in our own poop."

POEHLER - "You know what (else) I like? I like how in two debates John McCain has compared Obama to Herbert Hoover. Aw snap! Way to connect with the youth of the country with a Hoover reference! You got him good. But why stop there? Hey young people, what about William Ayers? That guy is a regular Emma Goldman. You know, the anarchist who incited violence in the early 1900's?

Oh you don't know?

That's because your teachers get paid worse than plumbers."


Like I said, soda almost came out my nose.

No comments: