So it's official...I'm a real-life mom. While nursing Evie at 5am this morning, she indicated that she had a bubble and needed some assistance to burp it up. So, I propped her up and gave her a gentle tap on her back. She proceeded to barf up all the milk she had consumed. All of it. All over me. All over her. All over the sheets. Everwhere. I was amazed at both the volume as well as the power such a dainty person could produce.
Bryan was still unconscious, so he was unphased until I woke him up to hold her while I mopped up the lake in which I was sitting. The bed has since been stripped and the sheets are being washed.
I know that this is only the first of thousands of such experiences, and I assure you that I won't write about all her bodily functions. However, I thought I'd share my first one, since I've been baptised into motherhood by barf.
Oh and in other news, she has a new trick. She can roll up onto her side, and she has figured out how to shimmy on her back like a sidewinder. If I lay her in the middle of the bed on her back while I'm getting situated to nurse her, I can count on the fact that she will find her way over to me and will be on her side, or tummy. Very scary. The same is true nomatter where she is laid. She has been laid on her back in her bassinet, fully swaddled, and five minutes later, we'll find her, completely unswaddled, laying on her side. We have found one blanket that she can't bust out of, and Bryan has figured out that she can only roll over with the use of her legs, so she'll be in baby lock-down now whenever she is put down to sleep.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
4 comments:
Remember all the "tricks" Travis was able to pull off at an early age? Perhaps she will take after him in that fashion? If so, I'd bolt down all the chairs now to keep her off the top of the fridge and other tall items!
Jonna
I have just have to say that "barf" and "spit-up" are not even in my same ballpark. I used to think spit up was bad until I experienced the first barf, it wasn't even on me (it was all over James) and yet I ran from the room and cringed every time she coughed for the entire night. What a loving mother, huh?
just wait... the poop is the funniest .but sky did the escape act too we had to make use blanket that we could make sure he wouldn't move. although let me tell you that only worked for so long that and he hated having his arms covered so that was hard to do
sara
Love the story! Luke laughed when I related it, and asked, "Yeah, but has she seen a rope of poop yet?" Our very own Big Boy B was the one who enlightened us to that phenomenon.
Sounds like you might want to start making crib lasagna sooner than we thought.
Post a Comment