I had thought I might be lucky. So far, although I have encountered just about every sinlge pregnancy symptom known to woman, I had yet to experience the wonder of stretch marks on my belly. I have a few on my hips, my my tummy had remained smooth. That day has ended. Today it has been in the high 80s, low 90s at my house, so I've been sitting with my tummy sticking out of my shirt- I'm home alone on bedrest, nobody can see me. Anyway, while sitting here, I was watching the baby do some acrobatics, and as she flipped into a very uncomfortable position, a red line appeared. I gasped in horror as I discovered I have a big ole' stretch mark running up to my belly button. Oh well...I suppose it was bound to happen.
3 comments:
You have no idea. They say that if your mom got stretch marks during pregnancy then you probably will get them and vise versa. Well, my mom didn't get a single one and let's just say I have more than I ever dreamed I would. Not pretty. And it just got worse the second time around. Hopefully you'll only get the one.
Kristy
I didn't get any stretch marks on my belly until I was 40 weeks. I thought I would be pretty bummed but at that point it was the least of my worries. My stretch marks go all the way up to my belly button, but now 18 months later they are barely visible. So don't worry, they'll fade before you know it! Also, whether you get them or not mostly depends on genetics, not just from your mother but your father too. Most people forget about that part.
Badges of honor. I consider any woman who goes through pregnancy and childbirth in whatever form a superstar / hero.
A coworker just gave me two GREAT name ideas - these are so unique! Twin girls whose names are pronounced "or-RON-juh-lo" and "le-MON-juh-lo." Their names? Orangejello and Lemonjello.
Food for thought?
Post a Comment