Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bryan's quotes of the day

I was looking online at baby crap this a.m., trying to determine which items we will need/want to put on a registry. Bryan looked over my shoulder at an Avent nursing bottle I was investigating (at Target) and said "7.99 for a bottle? That's insane! A bottle should be no more than $1.99- all it is, is a tube of plastic with a plastic screw-cap and a rubber nipple slapped on top!" I tried to explain that it is only going to get worse from here. He then asked "can I register at Sears for some tools?" I said no, we don't register for tools for the baby...he protested "but I'm going to need tools to put all the baby crap together." He also wanted to know about Williams-Sonoma since he was going to need to "cook for the baby." He was of course kidding, but he was hoping that maybe other dads would have the same idea and they could start an uprising. My husband ladies and gentlemen.
By the way, he purchased two pink outfits for the baby yesterday...I told him he was going to regret that since we don't find out the gender until Thursday, but he remained insistent that it's a girl, and his daughter absolutely needs some pink outfits since the Lord knows I won't buy them. We shall see...

1 comment:

Holly said...

Luke tried to buy an XBox or Nintendo or some game system for Isaiah for his birth. No dice. Christmas? No. Maybe 1st birthday? I'm thinking maybe when he turns 10.

I recommend doing your baby registry in person if you can. I found navigaing Babies R Us and Target baby stuff online to be really frustrating and time consuming...

Looking forward to hearing if those little pink outfits will be on a boy or girl :)

holly