Friday, April 24, 2009

Fertile Soil

Last November, I attended the Christian Musician's summit and happened to have the opportunity to meet Katherine Scott, a very talented singer/songwriter from Ireland. She had some beautiful songs about life in general and remaining faithful through tough times. During one of her song transitions, she started talking about her own life and mentioned her observation that the "waiting periods" in our lives are God's way of preparing the soil of your heart to plant new seeds. A very Irish saying, but I found it very true.

Bryan and I are in one of these waiting periods. Everything it seems, is falling apart or not working out the way we had planned. We are in a flurry of uncertainty in many different aspects and thus we wait for answers and direction.

And so as we wait, we ask our friends to pray for us as our soil becomes more and more fertile.

4 comments:

twinmommy said...

What an incredibly faithful way to look at this situation. You have our prayers.

Molly said...

Hi Steph---I am praying for you!! I'm in a "waiting period" too, and while it's so tough, it's exciting to know that God is moving in ways that we can't see yet or even imagine.
I don't know if you've ever done a Beth Moore bible study, but her Esther study is great, and has really been a blessing to me during this time. You can download the audio sessions on ITunes....if you're interested, I can tell you more about it later!
But I am praying for you, for physical healing, and for God to reveal Himself to you & Bryan during this tough time.
You are loved.
Love, MOlly

Cheri said...

That's a great reminder that God uses these times to plant new seeds and grow you in a way you could never imagine. I have been really touched lately with the Desert Song by Hillsong. You can see it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY

No matter what our circumstances or the trials or the refining we go through, God is still God and He is in control. Even when we don't feel like worshiping. Even when we don't understand all that is going on. He doesn't change. He is still on His throne and he is bigger than our circumstances.

Anonymous said...

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

We are praying with you and for you as you wait for better days.

Jim and Valle