I'm tentatively back on bedrest. I started having contractions last night, so I had to go in today to make sure I'm not in labor. My cervix hasn't dilated but I'm definately having contractions, so I'm back in the bed/lazyboy by doctor's orders. The doctor conducted a bunch of tests, and I have to go back tomorrow for some more...I may get back off bedrest as early as tomorrow, but we'll see. The contractions get strongest when I move around, so it's likely they're going to want me to stay sedentary.
In other news, the weaning off the IV is not going so great...my nausea is starting to get pretty nasty again, so it looks like I'm going back on the meds and the IV. Truthfully, I'm not devastated...when I was on the IV regularly I was starting to feel pretty good and was able to at least go to the store for a little while . At this point, I'm of the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality. Yes the IV is a pain, but I'd rather have it and feel some-what decent than, not have it and feel crappy like I do now.
Finally, I've been referred to a website that deals specifically with hyperemesis gravidarum- the official term for the pregnancy disase I have. Many of you have asked "what is causing you to be so sick?" Well my friends, I refer you to the following website for all your questions as to why Steph is still puking: http://www.hyperemesis.org/hyperemesis-gravidarum/
And no, just getting up and moving around does not in fact make me better. :-)
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment