So I'm back at the house after yet another 5 days in the hospital. I now have a permanant IV port in my arm and a home health company is coming this afternoon to get me hooked up to my very own IV machine. Luckily I know what to do since I took care of my mom's IV port. Sadly however, they put the port in my right arm (something about stronger muscles holding the port in place) so I can't hook myself up...and since I have to be hooked up twice a day for 4 hrs each time, I going to have to commission friends to come plug me in when Bryan is at work.
In other news, I had some pretty serious pain in my abdomen right under my appendix scar while at the hospital. We had an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay, and it turned out that the scar tissue from my appendectomy was being torn away from my abdomen....let me tell you friends, this is a fun sensation. The ultrasound was amazing. The baby is now 5 inches long and 6oz. The baby kicked and punched and did back flips, and enjoyed showing us it's rump. I can feel it wiggling around sometimes, especially at night, when it really gets moving. It especially gets excited when Bryan talks close to my belly, which is really fun.
We tried to see if the baby is a boy or a girl...the tech spent a great deal of time between the legs, where we saw nothing...because I'm only 16.5 weeks, it's still a bit early to be sure. All bets are currently on a girl however.
Yesterday we got a little bit of troubling news however. My blood panel showed that the baby might have downs syndrome. The doctor asked if we wanted to do an amniocentesis. After a few hours of prayer and discussion, we decided it wasn't worth the risk. We were concerned that if it does have downs and has a heart problem (which is pretty common,) it might need extra care that we would need to prepare for. However the risk of an amnio is that it could cause me to go into labor, and the baby is still too little to be able to survive--which is what lead us to decline the test.
So now there's a little bit of concern that the baby may have a problem, but I know right now that it's active and growing and healthy, so I will try not to dwell too much, knowing no matter what we get, we will love and care for it the same.
And that's the news...I'm home-bound indefinately so if you in the area, give me a call.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
2 comments:
Hi, Steph -
So, I know that posting pictures of your belly is not at the top of your priority list at the moment... but I would LOVE to see you pregnant! I wish I could see you in person, but a digital pic will have to do. I'm glad you're home and that your little one is enjoying his/her spacious living quarters (which will close in very soon!). love, holly
Hi Stephanie,
I will certainly be praying for you and baby! What a testimony you are, my dear! I am so proud of your attitude and your spirit. I just wish I were closer so that I could help plug in your IV!
Thanks for the updates, and I hope that things start going better soon.
Love,
Molly
Post a Comment